Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Day 128 – (AD 1,033) – 22.5 Miles – Jim's Trek Part IV – Facebook/Google Frustration On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

It was a late start to my pedaling this morning. I did cycle 22.5 miles on my Schwinn 170 taking my totals up to 21,945.3 miles or 35,317.6 kilometers.

(You really do not know how many iterations of these numbers I have tried, just trying to take the edge off of complete linguistic boredom.)

I am now located at Via Fiume Grande, 3, 87020 Tortora Marina CS, Italy.



Only 11.9% of my overall goal remaining. And for damn sure I intend to bloody well finish my Trek.

Looks like some malware has attacked my Facebook account via Google Chrome. As I always tread lightly and never ever click a link or button when told to, I have been able to assess that the issue is that something strange has attacked my Facebook account via my Google connection. When I use my iPad and my iPhone the issue does not exist so I am able to ascertain that it is only an issue on my desktop. I have found a work-around and I was able to eliminate 316 PUPs, (Potentially Unwanted Programs). I use both Malwarebytes and Norton Anti-virus programs. Strange that the Facebook error is wanting me to download Kaspersky, which I use on one of my notebooks. (We have never had any issue with Kaspersky.) I also discovered that I have 463 files on my PC that have Facebook in the file name. I am thinking about erasing these files and starting again.

Oh I have found a workaround by downloading a free-standing Facebook application. I do not get the error which of course logically means that it error and issue is somehow connected with the Google Chrome browser.

It is definitely a Google Chrome and Facebook Issue. I can pull up Facebook without any issues with Opera, Safari, Firefox and IExplorer.

And I am frustrated. Next attempt is to completely uninstall Google…and then reinstall.

We have begun the work on Phase 2 of our new Elation. Yes it is strip pieced, and yes there will only be a few shades of beige. We’re trying something completely new to our portfolio.

Elation - Phase 2 beginnings - JS AB


And if it doesn’t work, oh well. Won’t know unless we try.

This is my 1,119th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 83,228 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address.)

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim