Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Day 128 – (AD 1,033) – 22.5 Miles – Jim's Trek Part IV – Facebook/Google Frustration On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

It was a late start to my pedaling this morning. I did cycle 22.5 miles on my Schwinn 170 taking my totals up to 21,945.3 miles or 35,317.6 kilometers.

(You really do not know how many iterations of these numbers I have tried, just trying to take the edge off of complete linguistic boredom.)

I am now located at Via Fiume Grande, 3, 87020 Tortora Marina CS, Italy.



Only 11.9% of my overall goal remaining. And for damn sure I intend to bloody well finish my Trek.

Looks like some malware has attacked my Facebook account via Google Chrome. As I always tread lightly and never ever click a link or button when told to, I have been able to assess that the issue is that something strange has attacked my Facebook account via my Google connection. When I use my iPad and my iPhone the issue does not exist so I am able to ascertain that it is only an issue on my desktop. I have found a work-around and I was able to eliminate 316 PUPs, (Potentially Unwanted Programs). I use both Malwarebytes and Norton Anti-virus programs. Strange that the Facebook error is wanting me to download Kaspersky, which I use on one of my notebooks. (We have never had any issue with Kaspersky.) I also discovered that I have 463 files on my PC that have Facebook in the file name. I am thinking about erasing these files and starting again.

Oh I have found a workaround by downloading a free-standing Facebook application. I do not get the error which of course logically means that it error and issue is somehow connected with the Google Chrome browser.

It is definitely a Google Chrome and Facebook Issue. I can pull up Facebook without any issues with Opera, Safari, Firefox and IExplorer.

And I am frustrated. Next attempt is to completely uninstall Google…and then reinstall.

We have begun the work on Phase 2 of our new Elation. Yes it is strip pieced, and yes there will only be a few shades of beige. We’re trying something completely new to our portfolio.

Elation - Phase 2 beginnings - JS AB


And if it doesn’t work, oh well. Won’t know unless we try.

This is my 1,119th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 83,228 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address.)

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment