Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, January 18, 2016

Day 133 – (AD 1,038) – 22.1 Miles – Jim's Trek Part IV – Struggling On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Max, top. Bella, lower.
What happens when The Pack decides to use the bed as a tossing and romping playground, just after it has been made?

Hell’s bells, it’s time to take a nap on the reconstruction configuration of the stash of pillows.

Today on my Schwinn 170 I had to take a rest after cycling 60 minutes.  My body just stopped.  I rested for about 3 minutes then got back on and continued for the other 12 minutes.

Yes, I have allotted myself 72 minutes each day, 6 days a week. Why? Hell if I know. It just sounded like a good time frame to pedal on my Schwinn 170. This morning I pedaled 22.1 miles. Totals to date – 22,058.8 miles; 35,500.3 kilometers.

Today on the 133rd day of Part IV of my crazy journey Google Maps has me located at Strada Provinciale 17, 50, 89841 Filandari VV, Italy.



I am headed in a south-westerly direction.

And yes I have been noticing that my weight and my waist line have been very, very slowly inching upward. The plain and simple facts, I have been eating one hell of a lot more recently. I’m not paying as much attention to how much I am eating…and I know it is beginning to show. Hell I am still healthy.  The solution - I have to stop myself from taking the 3rd helping. Did I ever say that I love to eat?

Elation - In progress - JS AB
Work proceeds on Phase 2 of our new Elation quilt/wall-hanging. It is the first time that I can say that we are actually cutting fabric into pieces and then sewing it right back together again. Seems like an extremely perplexing undertaking. We are actually cutting the same material, the beige fabric, the same shade of beige fabric, and then sewing it back together again. See.

This is something new that we are trying.  We would like to see if our design effect will turn out the way we think it is going to turn out. And if it doesn’t…back to the drawing board.

Follow our progress and updates at Quilts SB - http://quiltsb.blogspot.com/

I have just completed and baked to new loaves of No-Knead Bread: #77 – White Sesame Seed and #78 – White Poppy Seed.

#77 - No-Knead Bread - White Sesame Seed

#77 - No-Knead Bread - White Sesame Seed sliced

#78 - No-Knead Bread - White Poppy Seed

Apart from the type of seeds added there is a very strong difference between #77 and #78.  #77 was my attempt at prepping and cooking the bread within 3+ hours.  #78 is the way that I have been taught myself which includes allowing the dough to proof for more than 12 hours.

This is my 1,125th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 83,646 Pageviews. Average Pageviews of Jim’s Trek has increased to 74.35 Pageviews per post. I am still astounded that this number is more than one.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address.)

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment