Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, January 29, 2016

Day 143 – (AD 1,048) – 22.4 Miles – Jim's Trek Part IV – On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I pedaled another 22.4 miles on my Schwinn 170. Only 10 ½ % of my total distance remains. I have now completed 22,288.6 miles; 35,870.1 kilometers on this 1,048th day of pedaling.



As I left Palermo yesterday I have changed my virtual route to a south-westerly direction. I am now located at SS113, 91013 Calatafimi TP, Italy just north of Calatafimi in Sicily. Calatafimi-Segesta (full name) is a small town.



Give or take my pedaling schedule and routine I should be completing Part IV on about June 10, 2016.

I noticed that my A1C has been inching its way up based on my 90-day calculated scale. This morning I recorded 5.29%.

From the Mayo Clinic siteFor most people who have previously diagnosed diabetes, an A1C level of 7 percent or less is a common treatment target.” As I am able to hit at within the 7 percent or less range I do believe that what I am still doing, without medication, bears fact that my exercise and diet together is working. But I need to take note as my AIC last September 16, 2015 recorded at 5.00%.

Spent yesterday evening making some “Turbo” no-knead loaves of bread. Two small White loaves and one larger White Raisin loaf; loaves #82, #83 and #84.

Bread making has become a fixed habit…and the house certainly smells wonderful.

#82 and #83

#84

Progress update - Our new Elation quilt and wall-hanging - 12 of the 13 strips have been completed for Phase 2. Once Phase 2 is attached to Phase 1 the to-be-appliquéd pieces will be attached. (That's Phase 3.) This definitely will prove interesting and completely something new that Andy and I are attempting.

Elation - JS AB - Under construction
Follow our updates at Quilts SB.

This is my 1,136th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 84,767 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address.)

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment