Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, January 29, 2016

Day 143 – (AD 1,048) – 22.4 Miles – Jim's Trek Part IV – On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I pedaled another 22.4 miles on my Schwinn 170. Only 10 ½ % of my total distance remains. I have now completed 22,288.6 miles; 35,870.1 kilometers on this 1,048th day of pedaling.



As I left Palermo yesterday I have changed my virtual route to a south-westerly direction. I am now located at SS113, 91013 Calatafimi TP, Italy just north of Calatafimi in Sicily. Calatafimi-Segesta (full name) is a small town.



Give or take my pedaling schedule and routine I should be completing Part IV on about June 10, 2016.

I noticed that my A1C has been inching its way up based on my 90-day calculated scale. This morning I recorded 5.29%.

From the Mayo Clinic siteFor most people who have previously diagnosed diabetes, an A1C level of 7 percent or less is a common treatment target.” As I am able to hit at within the 7 percent or less range I do believe that what I am still doing, without medication, bears fact that my exercise and diet together is working. But I need to take note as my AIC last September 16, 2015 recorded at 5.00%.

Spent yesterday evening making some “Turbo” no-knead loaves of bread. Two small White loaves and one larger White Raisin loaf; loaves #82, #83 and #84.

Bread making has become a fixed habit…and the house certainly smells wonderful.

#82 and #83

#84

Progress update - Our new Elation quilt and wall-hanging - 12 of the 13 strips have been completed for Phase 2. Once Phase 2 is attached to Phase 1 the to-be-appliquéd pieces will be attached. (That's Phase 3.) This definitely will prove interesting and completely something new that Andy and I are attempting.

Elation - JS AB - Under construction
Follow our updates at Quilts SB.

This is my 1,136th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 84,767 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address.)

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim