Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, March 11, 2016

Day 179 – (AD 1,084) – 22.7 Miles – Jim's Trek Part IV – Another Goal Reached On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Today I had a very pleasant pedal and clocked 22.7 miles on my Schwinn 170. (T.D....) My totals are now 23.121.2 miles; 37,210.0 kilometers. 89 pedaling days left to go to reach my grand total.



And this morning I reached another destination and goal point on the virtual part of my Trek. I stopped at Brindisi for a couple of minutes.

Actually I had to put some new loaves in the oven; #101 Rye and #102 White Rye Raisin. I dropped one on the counter when I was transferring it to the hot bowl…but that’s what I get when I’ve parked my cycle at Brindisi.



I continued on, bread’s in the oven, and I am now considered located at Strada Statale 379 di Egnazia e delle Terme di Torre Canne, 72017 Ostuni BR, Italy.

Today is the 6th day of my set of cycling. Tomorrow is my day of rest; my 7th day.

Question – I think I know what may be considered a “freak” of nature, but if we’re continuing to find those accidents of creation could it mean that there is still one hell of a lot for us to learn as an evolving race?

Maine wholesaler acquires rare four-clawed lobsterThe Washington Post, Patrick Whittle| AP March 11, 2016.

And if the definition of “rare” is “not occurring very often", when did this happen before?

Yes the two new loaves are out of the oven. Just made myself a roast beef and Swiss Cheese with stone-ground mustard on slices of the #101 Rye. The sandwich was fantastic.



Stumbled upon this question – “What is the most overrated national or ethnic cuisine?" - on a forum. I definitely like John Kuo’s response –

“Reviewing all of these answers, there's a really common theme. People are really capping on a whole host of actually truly wonderful cuisines, but from their descriptions, they clearly, absolutely have never really tried the real thing… That said, the common theme here is that generic, mass appeal and targeted to the mainstream American or otherwise local but non-traditional palette clearly ruins most cuisines. All versions of cuisines that aren't genuine--whether regional American, Chinese, Italian, French, and Japanese etc.--are overrated…”


And did I say I really do not like franchised restaurants. I didn't say that I won't eat at them... I just really I do not like franchised restaurants.

We’ve decided to add a 2-inch border to the inner top of our new Parity quilt. I am still working on the design of the quilting pattern. We’re working at the designs and research for three new wall-hanging quilts. And am still waiting for a color-choice picture for a new commission.

Follow us at Quilts SB, http://quiltsb.blogspot.com/.  I've got some updates to write out on our new Elation.

This is my 1,177th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 87,861 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address.)

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment