Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Day 180 – (AD 1,085) – 23.6 Miles – Jim's Trek Part IV – Monopoli On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

And this morning I begin my next 6-day session. Today I pedaled another 23.6 miles on my Schwinn 170. Totals racked in at: 23,144.8 miles; 37,248.0 kilometers.



This morning I reached the town of Monopoli, (apologies to Parker Bros.), population 58,300. I am located at Viale delle Rimembranze, 72, 70043 Monopoli BA, Italy.


I’m struggling with daylight savings time. I need my extra hour of sleep.

I am even late beginning supper on my slow-cooker.  Question – Is there a difference in the taste of the same recipe when it is cooked in a Slow-Cooker at high for 4 to 6 hours or at low of 10 to 12 hours?



I worked sometime in the yard after cycling and yes my propensity for an allergic reaction to oak pollen, wafting in the spring breeze, clogged up my sinuses and I began to sneeze. I hate living in Florida and having to keep the doors and windows closed.



Questions – There are real wackos in the current and present stream of the American political consciousness. I’m not going to name any at this point in time but they stand on both sides of the aisle and sometimes they attempt to create their own pathway through the seats and minds of the general electorate and population. Why have we allowed it to get this way? Why have we as a “supposedly” intelligent nation allowed media-coverage to debase us to the lows of the slurries of reality tomfoolery and shenanigans, both in the political and wannabe celebrity arenas?



I am sure we can find and justify some rationale and basis in an examination of history and the path of mankind, but the dots just do not seem to connect when we examine technological, medical, scientific, literature, the arts, et al advances and steps forward. Is it that we have become so, so complacent and/or self-engrossed that we have allowed idiots and buffoons, politicians and so-called reality stars, to hold sway and manipulate the very processes that we have so endeavored to achieve?

The top of our new Parity (not Parody) quilt is completed. Our design for quilting is classic, neat and really looks good.

Parity - JS AB - Top completed.


Follow us at Quilts SB. http://quiltsb.blogspot.com/

This is my 1,179th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 88,001 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address.)

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment