Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Day 182 – (AD 1,087) – 23.9 Miles – Jim's Trek Part IV – Still On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,



Max, the youngest of The Pack is always looking for a blanket or quilt to hide himself.





Today I pedaled 23.9 miles on my Schwinn 170. Totals – 23,191.3 miles; 37,322.9 kilometers. I now have 6.9% remaining of my final goal and only 86 more pedaling days.



Google Maps has me located at SS16, 70056 Molfetta BA, Italy.

Question – Later this year Pope Francis will declare Mother Teresa a saint. She was a wonderful and most caring person. The definition of saint – “A person acknowledged as holy or virtuous and typically regarded as being in heaven after death”. For sure? Has anyone come back to actually say that that is the case? And as there are so many perceptions by different groups and societies of religions, can and does any type of declaration truly mean anything?


Update from the Quilts SB Sweatshop - Parity in progress: A sample quilt construct; the top in the dining room; tables for pinning in the front room; batting draped over our long-arm in the backroom, glimpse of Elation as well... Oh yeah the sewing machine's in the living room, and my PC lab is in the kitchen.

Parity - JS AB - Sampler; quilt design

Parity - JS AB - Top; dining room table

Parity - JS AB - Pining and cutting room

Parity & Elation - JS AB -
Batting and back for Parity


Not that I am taking the political side of any religion’s or faith/creed’s expectancies but I just read an interesting article at DeseretNews.com penned by Gary Fullmer – “My view: A Mormon protest vote to protect minority rights”, (March 15, 2016).

“Today, other minority groups, particularly Muslims and illegal immigrants, are under siege. With Donald Trump making big gains during the Super Tuesday primary, his toxic message must be taken more seriously as it resonates with an ever larger segment of voters… Though distasteful for many, a protest vote for a Democrat is the clearest way we can honor the sacrifice of the Mormon pioneers who were driven from the United States, and stand up to protect Mormon rights along with those of other minorities. Anything less enables Trump to win the state, and would be a sad lesson in irony.”

This is my 1,181st post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 88,268 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address.)

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment