Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Day 192 – (AD 1,097) – 23.6 Miles – Jim's Trek Part IV – Humidity, On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

It is Easter, I’m cooking. Bread, hummus, and Peepshi.



What the hell does one do with left over Peeps? Make Peepshi.

Looks like the Tampa humidity has rushed in this year; you know that time of the year when you open up the house and the tile floors are sticky and have that sheen of hell-this-Florida-bear-it-weather. Winter’s gone, summer’s here.

And this morning I pedaled another 23.6 miles on my Schwinn 170. I’ve reached the 23,400-mile mark. My totals – 23,422.4 miles; 37,694.8 kilometers on this 1,097th day of pedaling my Schwinn Fitness cycles. 5.9% remaining.



On the virtual part of my Trek I am now located at Via Edmondo de Amicis, 18, 62012 Civitanova Marche MC, Italy. And I’m stuck in traffic. I’ve got 90.3 miles left to get to my next destination and goal point.

Loaves #108 and #109 out of the oven; Cheese and Hodgepodge Trail Mix respectively. All I can do is experiment and eat. Both are No-Knead breads, even though I actually do a very minimal amount of knead-shaping.



Check out Jim’s Gotta Eat for recipe and my procedure. Definitely not a brain-science. http://jimsgottaeat.com/

Basic ingredients – 13 oz lukewarm water, 1 ½ tsps of salt, 1 ½ tsps sugar 1 ¼ tsps. yeast, 3 ½ cups of either bread or all-purpose flour or a combination thereof, and ¼ to ½+ cups of add-in… Combine everything. 1 ½ hrs. for 1st rise. Use pots with tops: Dutch ovens, Pyrex, etc., put in oven and set to 450° F. As oven and pots are heating the dough is shaped and proofed. When oven reaches 450° F remove tops, carefully, put in shaped and score dough, cover and bake for 30 minutes. Remove tops, bake uncovered for another 15 minutes. That’s it. Remove bread to wire rack. Let cool, then eat.

I think I prefer bread making this way because I like the “artisan look”, and I do not have to make sure that my dough is ever so smooth…

This is my 1,193rd post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 89,293 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek - jsmith58@gmail.com. (This link is my email address.)

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment