Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Day 26 – (AD 249) – Jim’s Trek Part II – The Sequel – 21.0 Miles – I Have Now Reached 4,800 Miles on My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

Today I crossed the Oregon/California State line. I cycled 21.0 miles this morning on my Schwinn 150… and I am currently on CA-139 S. I have reached the community of Stronghold in Modoc County, California.


Today I crossed the 4,800 mile on my Trek. I am now averaging 19.2 miles a day since I began on December 2, 2013. And as predicted, I will be taking off an intentional day on my 261st day of cycling.

I am stopped at Captain Jack’s Stronghold Restaurant. It is time for breakfast.


Last night Italian Sausage with Baby Bok Choy – ever so simple Italian sausage, baby Bok Choy, onion, red chili peppers, olive oil, ground sea salt, Strozzapreti, and Parmesan Cheese. Quick, easy, simple, and delicious. Blood sugar dropped 9 points.

And of course I had to look up the type of pasta I used, Strozzapreti… I discovered that translating the Italian to English, this one-and-a-half-inch sort-of pencil-like of pasta is known as “Priest Strangler”. Also known as “Priest Choker” and legend has it that some gluttonous priests were so taken by the pasta dish that they ate too quickly and choked themselves… sometimes to death. And I thought of trying to make some fresh pasta tonight. It is amazing the things that I sometimes just grab off of the grocery shelves.


My viewing fare this morning was Mad Men, Season 2, Episode 10. Sub-plots regarding family life outside of the office take up the time of this episode. And every so often I notice that Don Draper and some of the other characters occasionally possess Frank O-Hara’s 52-page book, published 1957, Meditations in an Emergency. Did Matthew Weiner purposely embed Meditations in Don Draper’s psyche?

Blumish Two quilt and wall hanging has now been transferred to the Longarm. Sea Foam afghan has increased to 46”in length.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment