Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Day 11 – Jim’s Trek Part II – The Sequel – 20.2 Miles – Back on My Schwinn 150 – Two Interlake Address Goals

Good Day,

Guess these are the sultry Dog Days of Summer. Radar certainly decides that he can cool down on a raft in our pool… and he, curious as always, is trying to figure out the reasons of the waterfall.

Well this morning I felt good enough to get back on my Schwinn 150. Having spent my real flu time in a virtual bed in North Portland I was certainly pleased and itching to get back on the road again. I completed 20.2 miles. I cycled for 1 hour and 3 minutes and burned 652 calories.

I reached my next two Interlake address goals today, both in Oregon: Interlachen and Interlaken, Inc. at SE 190th Avenue in Portland. Interlachen is an unincorporated community in Multnomah County. It comprises of an area that includes and is in between two lakes; Blue and Fairview. My second, actually my 29th, Interlake address goal is located in about Vance Park.



Today I am located somewhere on NW Division Street.  I am travelling east and will shortly be turning right on NW Birdsdale Avenue.


My grand total of my Trek on my Schwinn 150 from Tampa to Seattle and back to Tampa is now 4,485.1 miles. I am looking forward to reaching my 5,000th mile.

Supper last night was a trial, just as most of them are in this house and kitchen. I attempted and created a variation of Chicken Pot Pie Passover Croquettes. Also included was a Watermelon, Feta, Black Olive, Red Onion and Garam Masala Salad. This Smith goy’s version of the Chicken Pot Pie Passover Croquettes included leftover Boston Market chicken, leftover mashed potatoes, leftover squash casserole, onion, garlic, and Scotch Bonnet. The mixture was shaped and then dredged through Matzo meal, egg, and sesame seeds. I then fried each Croquette in ghee.

Oh and by the way, my belly measurement is up by one inch to 35". Guess I will be working on that reduction.

This morning’s viewing pleasure and mind-clearing entertainment was Mad Men – Season 1, Episode 9. I watched Episode 8 while I was laid up. It is amazing what top corporate players appear to engage in to steal and poach top ranking staff.

The pattern for the quilting of our original and inspired Blumish Two has been chosen. Cosmo’s Moon is now en route to New Hampshire. Our three: Blue Diamonds, Civil War Re-Enactment I and Tampa Lightning will be on display this coming weekend, August 8-10 at The Delaware School for the Deaf in Newark, Delaware. And Sea Foam afghan continues to lengthen. Follow our progress at Quilts SB and Afghans SB.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment