Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, August 16, 2013

Day 24 – (AD 247) – Jim’s Trek Part II – The Sequel – 20.7 Miles – Still Oregon on My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

Today’s Trek miles totaled 20.7 on my Schwinn 150, alliteration not intended. And I am still on The Dalles-California Highway at the junction of Shady Pine Road. To my left are the southern banks and marsh shores of the Upper Klamath Lake.


At this point in my return journey, from Seattle to Tampa, I have now completed 502.8 miles. My next Interlake address goal is about 640 miles away.

And today is a day worth celebrating. Today August 16th is Bratwurst Day and International Tell-a-Joke Day. And why did the chicken…?

This morning on CNN I tuned into a Norfolk Southern advertisement. Not sure if it is my concentration with Mad Men and Ayn Rand’s Atlas Shrugged but I swear that the background music to the Norfolk Southern ad was/is Conjunction Junction from the show Schoolhouse Rock…


How apropos to my writing.

Mad Men, Season 2, that’s Season 2 MW, Episode 8 – The three main women characters are sort of front and center in this episode; Betty, Joan, and Peggy. Each has her own story line and each story, within the whole, is a subset of their lives on the set, and Heineken appears to be the backdrop.


My posting is short and sweet today. Not a joke, just to the point.


Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment