Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, August 26, 2013

Day 34 – (AD 257) – Jim’s Trek Part II – The Sequel – 21.0 Miles – I'm In Chester, California

Good Day,

This is my 271st post to Jim’s Trek.

Twenty-one miles on my Schwinn 150 this morning. Six hundred and thirty calories burned… And then, after I cool down, take a shower, and eat a quick breakfast, I have to lay claim to my chair, and you just read MY, at my computer. Max and Bella have decided that what is mine is their's. Radar and Tinker are in other parts of the house.


And so I sit and balance myself on the edge of MY chair and begin the journal of my Trek this morning.

This morning at some point of my 21.0 miles I crossed over Lake Almanor and I am now on Main Street, CA-36, on the northern edge of Chester. Chester has a population of about 2,200 and I am at an elevation of 4,534 feet. (I did increase, as I said I would, the resistance on my Schwinn 150 to 11 of 15.)


For some reason I think I've begun to over-indulge in my eating habits, and as a result my blood sugar count was up again this morning to 130. Even though I have been arduously committed to my exercise, I need to focus on the amount and types of foods that I am eating.  All-things-being-equal I am now trying to compensate for the average 626 calories that I am burning up each day.

For last night’s supper I made a leftover rotisserie chicken Asian Salad. I had a double helping. And then I ate two scoops of Coldstone dark chocolate ice-cream sandwiched between a couple of Shelia G’s Brownie Brittle. Within a couple of hours I ate some cheese, pepperoni, and crackers followed that with a ginger-ale.

I started out with good intentions but I then became ravenous. Okay, okay, I do not want to revert and start taking my diabetes medication once again. This week is another challenge.

Our quilts - Test 40 and Metropolis have been accepted for display at the Splash of Color Quilt and Fiber Art Show 2013. The Show will be held October 4 and 5 at the Cabarrus Arena and Event Center in Concord, North Carolina. They are in the mail and en route.

Sea Foam increased to 58 inches. I’ll be so glad to finish the last eight.

My next episode of Mad Men, Season 3 and number 4 continues the happenings in the lives of the characters and of the firm. And I still have about 130 more episodes of The West Wing to continue.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment