Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Day 36 – (AD 259) – Jim’s Trek Part II – The Sequel – 21.2 Miles – A Goal Reached – 5,000 Miles on My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

Today I surpassed 5,000 miles. I have actually cycled all my Schwinn 150 5,011.2 miles in 259 days.


This morning I'm headed south on California 32 West or Deer Creek Highway towards Carpenter Ridge Road. I completed 21.2 miles on my Schwinn 150. It is a glorious sunny day in Tampa, that's the real world, and it is an equally bright day in the mountains in California, in my virtual world. I like the solitude I have found in both places.

Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if I don't really understand? More than likely, I don't understand. The ads on TV's and in magazines regarding 30 minutes of exercise on some sort of machine results in a great and sizeable weight loss. On my Trek, my intention was not to lose a great amount of weight. But all things-being-equal, if I did lose some that would be okay.

When I began cycling on my Schwinn 150 on December 2, 2012, I weighed 170.8 pounds. After 259 days of continuous cycling an average of 19.3 miles a day for about an hour and 5 minutes a day, I now weigh 164.6 pounds. This means that I have lost 6.2 pounds in nine months. (Sorry about that, but no pun intended.) How can the ads promising a great reduction in weight on any or a chosen type of exercise machine, for the typical 30 minutes and on the average, over a four days a week program, actually guarantee a phenomenal weight reduction? I must be extremely naïve. Or I must be doing something wrong?

But let me point out something. I am okay, and I was okay with my weight. All I wanted to do was to reduce my waist measurement. And I have done that! I began at a 44 inch measurement and I'm now at 34 inches. But I'm still boggled by the promises, the incomplete truths as presented by the tonic salesmen.

And today is a race your mouse around the icons day. Don’t ask me what the hell that is. But it appears that somebody at some time, somebody did have the time to think about something that doesn't make any bloody sense. I read it and I'm sorry I don't understand. This is what is supposed to happen on this day. "When your computer is slow to load, and when you're waiting for something to happen, you can't resist the urge to play with the mouse and cursor." What? The only logical thing that is mentioned in the description is "this days your date to go nuts."

Mad Men, season three episode six has the Big Wigs from the Lond Office visiting the New York office. All I can say is that one does not ride, or operate, a riding lawnmower in a corporate high-rise office. Damn there was blood all over the place. And just wondering, is Joan written off?

Work continues on the quilting of Blumish Two. I think this is going to be an amazing quilt/wall hanging. Check out our details at Quilts SB.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment