Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Day 35 – (AD 258) – Jim’s Trek Part II – The Sequel – 20.6 Miles – Elevation 7,858 Feet on My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

This morning I cycled 20.6 miles on my Schwinn 150. I am now located on and headed east on CA-32 W. To date I have cycled a grand total of 4,990.0 miles.


The above Google Map image was taken in January of 2009, and I am somewhere east of Butt Mountain.



And I swear that there is some sort of wet and bad omen hovering over this house. First the ice-maker on the refrigerator gives up, for the third time. Next, the floor floods in the kitchen, living and dining rooms. The copper pipe breaks. The valves under the kitchen sink give up. The thing-a-bob on the garbage disposal is disconnected and Old Faithful erupts. Then when replacing the water bottle at the cooler, I slip and you can imagine. Hell, I swear that the pool towels have never hit the dryer as many times that they are becoming threadbare. And then to top all the H2O episodes the sound system on the main house movie and TV theatre gives up.

But looking on the bright side…if there is one, the floor in this house has had one damn fine cleaning, and at least there is no basement.

Yeah! This morning’s blood sugar count is 107. And yes I watched what I stuffed into my gullet last night… and limited myself to two scoops of Coldstone ice cream. Yeah, the number dropped 23 points. Now if I continue this week to continue to focus on what and when I eat, I should realize a further and positive reduction in my blood sugar count. Exercise and diet… and no cramming my face at the late hours of the evening.

My tracking chart of Calories Burned and Blood Sugar Count began 17 May 2013. I dropped all diabetes medication on June 18 and I have now tracked 65 days.


My viewing this morning on my Schwinn 150 resulted in an iPad and earplugs. Today’s episode of Mad Men, Season 3 and number 5 focused on stories of the children, Sally and baby Eugene.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment