Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Day 19 – (AD 242) – Jim’s Trek Part II – The Sequel – 20.8 Miles – On My Schwinn 150 in Oregon

Good Day,

I’m running somewhat late today on my posting to my Jim’s Trek Blog. I did complete 20.8 miles on my Schwinn 150 this morning, and then I got myself involved with housework. Next, lunch was with my family; CK now sports and walks with a pair of Croc-ettes… I didn’t realize that this footwear was made so, so small.


And then I made my triennial slog to IKEA… I am stunned at the number of youngish couples shopping to furnish their habitats. But I nearly lost myself when as I entered the megalith marketplace when one of the youngish-type gentleman whispers loudly to his mate, “This is what Sweden smells like.” Say what? I did have to wipe away my tears of mirth.


This morning I am currently somewhere in the center of Oregon and located on US-97 South. It appears that I am coming up on Prairie Ct/Paulina Lake Road. On the Goggle Map I am just left of the “O” in Oregon.

I have now completed 397.8 miles on The Sequel part of my return journey from Seattle to Tampa. Overall I have now cycled 4,654.9 miles on my Schwinn 150.

Supper last night – Texas Mesquite Beef and Cowboy Burgers (from Whole Foods)… and so keeping with the Texas theme I decided to make my variation on a Texas Potato Salad. New Potatoes, celery, green onion, jalapeño, apple cider vinegar, yellow mustard, cottage cheese, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. My one comment about the Whole Food burgers, good but too dense.  Excellent potato salad.

Mad Men – Season 2, Episode 3 – Two themes are introduced in this episode; First, working and dealing with actors working with the client, and Second, the issue of illegitimate birth and abortion.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment