Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Day 30 – (AD 253) – Jim’s Trek Part II – The Sequel – My Schwinn 150, Water, Snow, and Pasta

Good Day,

Row, row, your boat on my Schwinn 150 and 21.2 miles. And I am headed southeast on California 139. Virtually I am north of Said Valley Reservoir.


No snow on the floor, just water...

There are puddles on the tile floor, and I yell “Who peed on the floor?” All four members of The Pack scurry, each to his and her own bed. I repeat, and no one moves. This time not a puppy stirring we discover that the dishwasher has sprung a leak. A big one. Praise be that we have tile floors. Out come the towels, cotton and paper, mops and buckets, but nary a Pack member ventures from the safety of its bed. The liquid mess cleaned up, I set out their bowls of dinner and each; Radar, Max, Bella, and Tinker all chow down oblivious of the breaking of a dam. The plumber’s on his way.

I begin the new and third season of Mad Men, Episode 1. We’re now in the first half of 1963. Nothing has changed: smoking, drinking, and extramarital affairs. The firm is at present the American part of the takeover company from England. (How apropos that Don Draper is surrounded by water?)

I have decided to teach myself to make pasta.  I'm not in the mood of strangling anyone, (See Day 26), just thought I need to reach a new accomplishment.

Be healthy, and enjoy

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment