Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Day 16 – (AD 239) Jim’s Trek Part II – The Sequel – 21.2 Miles – Madras, Oregon

Good Day,


This morning my completed 21.2 miles on my Schwinn 150 has me arriving on U.S. 26 to the middle of the City of Madras, Oregon. Population is about 6,050. My total miles to date – 4,590.0.

Important news - I did NOT win the Powerball jackpot. I just wanted you to know for sure, but I will still accept any gift or fancy token.

And something to think about, as presented by Esther Inglis-Arkell in her most recent io9 article “What’s the best umbrella term for both humans and intelligent aliens?" But I would wonder if this universal word would also include both legal and illegal aliens?

Okay, today is Happiness Happens Day. This appears to be something banal started in 1999 by the Secret Society of Happy People which began in 1998. Why the hell is there a “Secret Society” of happy people? Why does it have to be “Secret”? Makes no sense! One would think that if a group or society did want to spread cheer and persuade people to look on the bright side of life they certainly would not want to be secret. I can almost hear Marley’s chains rattlin’. And yes there is a website.

I think that I did explain at one point in my writings that in order for me to work a consistent cycling program on my Schwinn 150 I watch a movie or a TV series for approximately one hour. It is key that the one hour does not have any commercials or interruptions. This helps me to mentally focus on something else rather than focus on getting to the end of my set time on the bike. Also,commercials cause a break in my concentration. Just something that has truly helped.


And I have been watching, on Netflix, Mad Men. My current viewing pleasure is Mad Men – Season 2, Episode I – This new episode and season starts now two years later from where Season 1 left off. It is now 1962. And everyone is watching the First Lady, Jacqueline Kennedy, give a black and white tour of the White House.

Quilting work continues on our new quilts: Blumish Two – Domestic Machine and Tampa Kaleidoscope – Longarm. Sea Foam afghan is still in progress. Check updates at Quilts SB and Afghans SB.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment