Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Day 21 – (AD 244) – Jim’s Trek Part II – The Sequel – 21.3 Miles – At 4,764 feet on My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

Another 21.3 miles added on my Schwinn 150 this morning. Total miles to date 4,697.3 miles. The habit is now ingrained. My cycling has now become a part of my daily agenda. I’m still considering the sit-ups.



Today I can be found, traveling south on The Dalles-California Highway. I am still in Oregon on route US-97. I am just on the southern outskirts of the community of Chemult. The altitude is 4,764 feet, and with a population of about 300 Chemult is Amtrak stop.




Okay, I have learned something, and it is only the tip of the iceberg. The Public Web <-> The Deep Web <-> The Private Web. Not sure if I want to turn my PC into a Titanic.



Last night’s supper a variation on Indonesian Beef Rendang… Onion, ginger, garlic, Scotch bonnets (instead of red chili peppers), water, soya sauce, lime juice, palm sugar, turmeric, bay leaf, creamed coconut, unsalted peanuts, coriander… and I added some cubed Kabocha squash, and all over Jasmine rice. Very easy to prep and just simmer for a couple of hours… And then I made a Chickpea Salad.


The odors wafting through the house make an introduction to the Essbee Restaurant. You’re welcome.




I have been watching a very interesting 2011 documentary, Jiro Dreams of Sushi. I am intrigued by the dedication of Jiro Ono, to his craft and his sense of commitment to his life work. The commentator’s description of Jiro Ono and good restaurants and their management:


  • They take their works very seriously and consistently perform on the highest level.
  • They aspire to improve their skills.
  • Cleanliness. If the restaurants doesn’t feel clean the food isn’t going to taste good.
  • They are better leaders than collaborators. They are stubborn and insist on having it their way.
  • The chef is passionate.

Definitely transferable and something to think about.

Mad Men – Season 2, Episode 5. Not sure why another new secretary is introduced, but Don is continually chasing ghosts and creating complications, sort of. This show is certainly keeping me consistent on my cycling journey.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment