Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Day 18 – (AD 241) – Jim’s Trek Part II – The Sequel – 21.0 Miles – On My Schwinn 150 in Bend, Oregon

Good Day,

And I continued my Trek this morning. My 21.0 miles on my Schwinn 150 gets me to the City of Bend, Oregon. I have reached a location on the Bend Parkway at the intersection of Powers Road.


The City of Bend has a current population of almost 80,000. Bend is identified as a gateway for many outdoor sports.


In the 1910 image of Wall Street, Bend, purportedly, just left of the middle telephone pole, there is a two-story white storefront building. It may have been the Smith Hardware building. Happenstance?


It poured in Tampa last night, nothing unusual for this time of the year. After my morning cycling on my Schwinn 150 I jumped quickly into our pool to cool off. The sun sparkling through the raindrops on the lanai screen transported me into outer space… Crystal Blue Persuasion, Tommy James & The Shondells.

Last night supper I tried, made, and ate Fish Tacos. A great quick dinner with Grouper filets, cabbage, and a homemade pepper creama. I liked them.

Mad Men – Season 2 Episode 2, American Airlines Flight 1 which crashed into Jamaica Bay on 1 March 1962 is the central plot element.


Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment