Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, August 23, 2013

Day 31 – (AD 254) – Jim’s Trek Part II – The Sequel – 21.0 Miles – On My Schwinn 150 4,900 Miles

Good Day,

This morning I completed 21.0 real miles cycling on my Schwinn 150. Today I topped a total 4,906.7 miles and I have accomplished 649.6 on my return trip from Seattle back to Tampa.

It appears that I am virtually present in a January 2009 road image at the northern shore of Eagle Lake in California. Eagle Lake is at an elevation of 5,098 feet above sea level. And it is amazing that I am seeing water on the roadway in the front of my house, water on the floors inside my house, and water in my images of my virtual Trek… as I sweat through my 21.0 miles on my Schwinn 150.


I am currently heading southeast on CA 139 S.

Eh, what’s that you said? When was it decided that the decibel level of air should be such that it is almost impossible for one to think. Thank the powers that be that the synaptic connections between my grey matter and my fingers do not necessarily need silence to put keystroke to electronic paper, so-to-not-speak. And, no pun intended, but when it rains it pours.

I had intended on composing and completing my community’s Newsletter this weekend... and as the fates would have it, apart from the fact that we are in the middle of the monsoon season here in the real world of Tampa, a water pipe, a copper one, not a virtual one, broke in the middle of my house, in the kitchen. And the first cut is the deepest. More wall and baseboard and house structure to be cut away this morning. Noah was just about to start looking for some more gopher wood.

Needless to say, after cleaning and mopping up, the preliminary destruction of the walls in the living room, the dining room, and the kitchen has begun and will continue today and into the weekend. I am now on hold for the insurance assessment and the adjusters and the etcetera, etcetera, etceteras...


I know that there are always others thinking about bicycles. Chinese artist Ai Weiwei, after a prolonged detention by the Chinese government for alleged economic crimes produced a 2011 installation made from 1,000 bicycles. And sure enough, the Interlake Mecalux advertisement appeared on that page of my link to Colossal.

Be healthy, be dry, and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment