Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Day 22 – (AD 245) – Jim’s Trek Part II – The Sequel – 21.0 Miles – I Topped 4,700 Miles on My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

Today I started my day by updating our order and the progress of our new quilts and wall hangings. Completely another journey that keeps me preoccupied is the design and work of the craft that I am trying to learn. Check out our updates and progress at Quilts SB.

And so I started my cycling somewhat later than usual this morning. I did complete 21.0 miles on my Schwinn 150. On the 22nd day of my return Trek, The Sequel, I have clocked 461.2 miles. In total I have passed the 4,700 mile mark, and my total to date is 4,718.3 miles. I still have another 682 miles to my next Interlake address destination.


I am currently located on The Dalles California Highway headed south. I am just about at the intersection of Pumice Street. In the image you can see the entrance to Pumice Street on the left-hand side of the Highway. The landscape has been pretty much the same these past couple of days.


In Tampa, well an image is worth one thousand drops of condensation of humidity on the sliding glass doors to my backyard. Dueling weather websites - Humidity 77% versus 60%. I would say it is hot, and wet, and steamy, sticky and tropical… and bloody humid.



And then there are those evening meals that I just cannot decide what to make. Last night’s supper Sautéed Shrimp and Spinach, with Mushrooms and Onions, Beans, and Couscous. Quick, easy but one hell of a lot of pots and pans.



Earlier I Goggled “Shrimp and Spinach” and found the following image by Vivmom. I thought that I would try and duplicate the meal. A close facsimile resulted, ‘cepting the colorful plate, and my version was something I thoroughly enjoyed.



An AP article published yesterday by SeattlePI caught my eye this morning – “Teen charged in bomb plot loses in mayoral primary.” I’m sorry, did I miss something? “A Utah teenager arrested last year in a Columbine-inspired plot to blow up his high school was eliminated in the race Tuesday for mayor of a small Utah City.

The small city is Roy, in Utah. The population is about 37,000… and this 18-year old, would-be bomber and terror plotter, “received less that 5 percent of the vote in the primary…” Again I’m sorry. Am I truly that dense? There were actually persons in that less than 5% who voted for him. That approximates just fewer than 370 people. That’s the part that I do not understand.


People, this young man in 2012 had “pleaded guilty to possession of a weapon of mass destruction”, and had “spent months plotting an attack…” And his campaign thought was “People should trust me because I have proven one thing: That I am human… I have made mistakes, just like the rest of us. We’ve all made mistakes in our pasts, and I am no exception.” Well, at my age, I have made a fair number of mistakes, But, and that is a But with a capital “B”, I have never, ever, plotted to cause destruction to the extent that may or would put the lives of others at risk. And I am NOT part of "the rest of us"!!!

And who are the Idiots, with a capital “I”, who had the audacity and sheer ignorance to vote for him? Check out the article at the above link. I am just flabbergasted.

And on to my viewing pleasure this morning on my Trek on my Schwinn 150, Mad Men – Season 2, Episode 6. The issue for the professionals is the position of Maidenform versus Playtex in the market. Yup, that’s the episode.

Be healthy, and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment