Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day 32 - Jim's Trek Adds 16.1 Miles - 10th Day of Christmas

Good Day,

On this 10th Day of Christmas I am joined by 10 bewigged Lords A-Leaping. Another goal, on my Schwinn 150, of my Trek has been reached.  To date I have topped 400 miles; actually 407.6.  My question to the above cartoon - Why is there only one Lord on a Pogo stick? And are they happy?

According to a WebMD article by Annie Stuart, Robert Biswas-Diener MS, founder of Meridian Life Coaching LLC and co-author of Happiness: Unlocking the Mysteries of Psychological Wealth, agrees.

"Happiness isn't the emotional finish line in the race of life", he says. It's a process and a resource. Biswa-Diener says there's a mountain of data showing that when people are happier, they become healthier and more curious, sociable, helpful, creative, and willing to try new things."

Of course, the above is not necessarily the answer to my Pogo stick question  I wonder whether I could tempt myself to Pogo Stick jump all the way to Seattle.  The record for continous Pogo Stick jumping is held by Gary Stewart at Huntington Beach, California.  He jumped for 20 hours and 20 minutes in 1990, per The Guiness Book of World Records. for a total of 177,737 jumps.  I think I'll stick to my Schwinn 150.  And I am happy.

My location is a shade northwest of Waycross, Georgia.  I'm on State Street and there's a railroad track keeping me company.


My stats -

Total Direct Miles to Seattle  To DateTD Miles Remaining  % TD Miles Completed  Interlake Miles Left to Seattle  Weight (lbs)  
3,301.0407.62,893.412.35%5,591.7172.4

I'm headed north out of Waycross to Henry, Georgia.  A wee bit of trivia has me pedaling quite fast... The most common first name and the most common last name in Waycross, Georgia among deceased individuals are James and Smith.  I be gone!!!

Today's episode of Upstairs, Downstairs presented the assumed and unspoken wishes of two individuals.  One presumed; the other was too polite not wanting to upset... and the whole of 165 Eaton Place is in a dither.

Enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment