Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Day 41 – Jim's Trek - 17.6 Miles – I Need A New Drive-In Serial

Good Day,

Today’s Trek mileage on my Schwinn 150 equaled another 17.6 miles. It took me one hour and three minutes. I want to increase my daily mileage to 18.0 miles per day and decrease my time to one hour… Stamina and time. I have now clocked 17.0% of my Tampa to Seattle goal.


I’m on Riverside Drive and I-75 north of Macon, Georgia. There’s a Toyota and Lexus dealership on my left and I’m heading to cycle just under the Interstate. The construction shown in the Google image is from May 2012. I wonder if the road work has been completed, as of today?

My stats -

Total Direct Miles to Seattle   To Date TD Miles Remaining   % TD Miles Completed   Interlake Miles Left to Seattle   Weight (lbs)  
3,301.0 561.3 2,739.7 17.00% 5,438.0 175.2

The Russian brides are coming… The Russian brides are coming… The spammers are really at it… if the junk emails are not about extensions or vitality, they are about foreign bridal connections. In all cases, LEAVE ME ALONE!!!

I did put on a couple of pounds yesterday. I want to think that it is muscle… but my appetite was ravenous. Lunch at German Bistro on South MacDill Avenue… Sausages, potato pancakes, apple sauce, sour cream, sauerkraut and apple streusel. Obviously I cleaned my plates. Quaint rustic place and very nice attentive service.

And for supper I deep fried spiced rubbed Pork Belly, roasted Kapocha Squash, and re-created the dish of Asian Sautéed Cauliflower. I am still sort-of befuddled with the first step of the recipe; Cut cauliflower florets into quarters and let sit for at least 5 minutes to bring out their health-promoting properties. I’m just wondering at what point I will be “in-tune” with the cauliflower? Must be the isothicyanates and biotin. Beyond me, of course… I just thought the ginger and soya sauce was a nice added touch.

Meeting today of our Studio Art Quilt Associates (SAQA) Florida Pod 3. Check out the SAQA website. Our next meeting will be April 13, 2013 at The Aqua Restaurant at Westin Hotel at Rocky Point on the Courtney Campbell Causeway. Contact me if you would like to join.

Well I have now viewed the last episode of the original season of Upstairs, Downstairs. As expected, 165 Eaton Place was closed down. Now I must find my next Trek viewing source of entertainment. It is somewhat a kin to being at a drive-in movie theatre.

My next Interlake goal is now about 52 miles north. Stay tuned and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment