Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Day 58 – Jim’s Trek – 18.5 Miles – St. Elizabeth – It’s A Pass

Good Day,

Yes, I completed another 18.5 miles of my Schwinn 150 this morning. Another new goal completed and I have reached over 800 miles. My total to date - 816.0 miles. I have found my secret to my “stick-to-it-ness”, small goals, almost daily. I am keeping my mind on the progress of the journey and not the actual finish. I’ll get there when I get there.

This morning my location is at Harrison Ferry and Wash Robert Roads in Tennessee. I’ve just passed Larry’s ATV & Cycle shop. Wonder if my Schwinn 150 may now need a tune up?

I am now just over 250 miles from my next Interlake goal location.

I had a visitor last night as I was pulling a new freshly baked loaf of bread out of the oven. St. Elizabeth dropped by to pay a quick survey of the kitchen. It definitely smelled of a bakery and I am pleased with the latest batch of no knead bread. I felt it proper to offer St. Elizabeth a token slice of warm rustic bread, she being the patron saint of bakers, but she declined, smiled, and disappeared in a puff of flour.

My new serial companion this morning on my Trek is the recent release of Upstairs Downstairs. The first series ended in 1975. This new one premiered December 2010. 165 Eaton Place is reopened six years after the first one ended. The new year is 1936 and Rose, the former housemaid, has returned.

My cardiologist gave me the thumbs up this morning. Everything is still in place and he seemed pleased with my results and the effects of my Trek.

Andy and I are working on two quilts at the moment, Blumish Two and Cosmos’ Moon. Both these two new quilts will be something new and definitely something different. You’ll have to stay tuned to check out the progress on these two.

And we just received notice that our three quilts and wall hangings: Colored Windows II; Coral Steps; and MEM911 have all been accepted for entry and display at the upcoming International Quilt Festival of Ireland in Galway, Ireland… We have gone international. Check Quilts SB for details shortly.

Oh, Mark, I passed Cleveland about 100 miles back… Maybe on the return trip home.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment