Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, January 14, 2013

Day 43 – Jim’s Trek – 18 More Miles – Kabocha Squash

Good Day,

This morning my Trek mileage completed; 18 miles. A total of 597.3 miles… and two more goals are just around the corner, so-to-speak. At my current rate I should finish my original 3,301 Tampa to Seattle miles by Thursday, June 13, 2013. My Interlake address goal, which is a moving target of about 6,000 miles, will be wrapped up by about November 10, 2014. And of course we’ll see what will happen when I finish.

My location this morning is at the Classic Cuts Barber & Beauty shop on GA-42 N/US-23 N. It does look like it is time for a haircut.

My stats -

Total Direct Miles to Seattle   To Date TD Miles Remaining   % TD Miles Completed   Interlake Miles Left to Seattle   Weight (lbs)  
3,301.0 597.3 2,703.7 18.09% 5,402.0 169.2

Today is National Dress Up Your Pet Day. Why? And, emphatically, NO!

I have fallen for a winter squash, pumpkin – Kabocha or Danhobak. It tastes sort of like a cross between a pumpkin and a sweet potato. It looks like a squished, sort of squashed, (pun intended) pumpkin. I have eaten it roasted, in stews, and in congee. The great thing is that you don’t have to peel or remove the outer skin that is unless one wants to… The outer skin is edible, once cooked. Roasted slices with coconut oil, salt and pepper, is a good treat. This morning I chopped up the leftover Kabocha and combined with leftover Basmati rice, added chicken broth and breakfasted on a filling congee.



And the spam returns; “Beautiful Russian Women Are Waiting to Meet You…” NOT!

Supper tonight is a combination of Asian dishes; Montreal dry, garlic, spareribs and Kongnamulbap. I’ll let you know how this one works out.

Today’s episode of Thomas & Sarah reintroduced a character from Upstairs, Downstairs; the Bellamy’s Silver Cloud. Evil is afoot… well maybe some shenanigans...

Enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment