Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, January 21, 2013

Day 50 – Jim’s Trek – 18.1 Miles – Another Inch on My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

I woke up this morning with a number of thoughts. “Do I really have to do this?” “Am I really this committed?” “I think my body needs a rest.” Say what?

This is Day 50. It is Martin Luther King Jr., Day and the day of President Barack Obama’s public Inauguration Day.

My total miles of 723.5 miles have reduced another belly inch… I’m now measuring 38 inches, down 6 from when I started my Trek on my Schwinn 150.

And today is National Hugging Day… It was created in 1986 and it marks a midpoint between Christmas and Valentine’s Day. Makes sense, sort of… Check your Emotional Biorhythm.

And I completed my 18.1 miles. Today I am on GA-136 W and climbing into the Chestnut Mountain Range, just shy of the John’s Mountain Wildlife Management Area.


I’ve just passed the Casey & Son Horseshoeing School. Okay, I know I’m sticking to back roads and highways, but am I also going back in time. I traveled through Calhoun, Georgia and Sugar Valley.

Thomas & Sarah tend a fabric and notion store. How apropos?

Next miles, and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment