Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Day 55 – Jim’s Trek – The Mind May Be Willing But…

Good Day,

The mind may be willing to start my Trek on my Schwinn 150 once again, but my gullet most certainly isn’t. When you think you’re out of the woods some damn branch smacks you right across the head, actually the stomach. The little Norovirus buggers are still hiding in there, somewhere in the yards of my intestines.

I’ll take it easy, once again…

Just completed Cathy Erway’s 2010 book, The Art of Eating In – How I Learned to Stop Spending and Love the Stove. Interesting book where the author follows her set goal of not eating out at any restaurant in New York City. She gives up take-out and fast food as well, for a total of two years. I know I would definitely be challenged. An easy read interspersed with a number of her creative recipes. Undeniably a targeted experiment.

Last night I decided to make a light supper – Shrimp Risotto. Shrimp obviously, scallions, garlic, chicken broth, olive oil, green peas, and a scant ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese and Arborio rice. The only expense is time stirring the broth into the rice… but it certainly was worth it. And for your information the equivalent dish at one of the local Italian restaurants, down the street, $21.00 per plate. My cost was somewhere in the vicinity of $4.00. Nice savings… Only thing I didn’t get a tip.

Back to my search and research in my genealogy and ancestry work. Check out the latest at A Genealogy Hunt.

And we’re working on two new quilts and wall-hangings. Andy is constructing and piecing the parts of Blumish, our Kimberly Einmo explosion. I’m working on the final stages of the design draft for our Cosmos’ Moon. Always an update at Quilts SB... I've also created a new Quilts SB on Tumblr.

I have a need for speed; that is, my Schwinn 150. Be healthy, and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment