Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Day 51 – Jim’s Trek – 18.5 Miles – Moroccan Chicken Soup Stew

Good Day,

This morning I journeyed on my Schwinn 150 from my yesterday’s stopping point in the John’s Mountain Wildlife Management Area in Georgia. I headed north and then west on Highway 136. The road eventually joined the Sourth Old Alabama Highway, Hwy 151, where I continued north until the junction of GA-95 N. Today’s location is just shy of Pinewood Drive on my right hand side, the other right. (Only if I'm going south.)  I’m headed toward Chickamauga, Georgia, and I am about 22 miles from Chattanooga, Tennessee.

The miles are flying past, and this morning I clocked 18.5, for a total to-date of 742.0 miles. I have 138.3 days remaining to my original Tampa to Seattle goal. All-things-being-equal I will be completing my first goal of 3,301 miles Sunday, June 9, 2013. With my incidental Interlake Drive goals, I need to recalculate my second major mileage goal.

My stats this morning –

Total Direct Miles to Seattle   To Date TD Miles Remaining   % TD Miles Completed   Interlake Miles Left to Seattle   Weight (lbs)  
3,301.0 741.0 2,559.0 22.48% 5,257.3 169.4

Supper last night was a Moroccan Chicken Soup. Obviously chicken, skinned and boned; chickpeas; artichokes; onion; ginger; garlic; tomatoes; Kalmata olives; couscous; white wine; chicken broth; lemon juice; honey; and spices – red pepper, salt, turmeric, nutmeg, cumin, cinnamon, cardamom; paprika; coriander; and olive oil. And a bowl was filling and extremely satisfying.

President Obama's Inaugural speech was a nice and short beginning acceptance yesterday.  Has he committed to accomplish a lot of projects and promises in the first year of his second Presidency?  According to PolitiFact.com he kept 45% of his promises during his first term of office.

Thomas & Sarah traveled back to his hometown in Wales. Sarah noses around, as usual, and discovers a truth to a 10 year black mystery. And as there are not that many episodes left, I am now looking for another series to keep my visual acuity intact while I pedal on my Schwinn 150.

And I continue... Enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment