Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Day 38 – Jim’s Trek – 500 Hundred Miles – Am I A Sucker?

Good Day,

Another of my Trek’s goals checked off. I have lasted 509.1 miles; another 17.0 today. Only about 85% of my total Tampa to Seattle Trek to go.


For those of you who are somewhat bored with my Trek I am now travelling north on the Eastman Cochran Highway toward Jack Spires Road. And just up a bit on the left side of the highway is Yawn Pond. How apropos? I never thought I would last this long and I am beginning to wonder if I just might be a wee bit off the mark.




Total Direct Miles to Seattle   To Date TD Miles Remaining   % TD Miles Completed   Interlake Miles Left to Seattle   Weight (lbs)  
3,301.0 509.1 2,791.9 15.42% 5,490.2 172.2

Okay, please explain to me. Do I have it tattooed on my forehead? Do I write to incite idiots to think that I want to get married? Why oh why am I being bombarded with spam mail inviting me to acquiesce to a bride? Whether from Russia or Central America? I don’t speak Russian. I do speak Spanish, though. I wouldn’t mind having someone cook and do my laundry, and clean house… but I am quite capable to do it, MYSELF. Would not these dense and thick spammers spend their time more constructively? Or are there that many desperate persons out there in Internetland who are that daft to try out electronic partnership solicitations? Why the recent increases in “search for a bride” spam marketing? I wish I could create a reverse spam to respond immediately – “Leave my email address alone!!!”

And for anyone with a carpet on the floor in their home, it is time to shimmy and shuffle your feet. Today, January 9th is National Static Electricity Day. Question is why? I can find this oral link by the US Census Bureau. There has to be some reason for a tribute to static electricity. But I suppose if one is bald one is out of luck.

And here is another one for any egocentric, narcissistic individual out in Internetland… today is Play God Day!!! And again I question, WHY?

This morning’s episode of Upstairs Downstairs plot line takes on the triple “D’s”; drink, drugs, and death. Judge, jury, and attention to class. Next…

Enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment