Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, January 28, 2013

Day 56 – Jim’s Trek – 18.5 Miles – I’m On The Road Again

Good Day,

My Trek is back on the road again… and I was able to get back to my daily mileage, 18.5 miles.

Canned Heat – On The Road Again , Montreaux 1973…


...and I was at the University of New Brunswick.

My location today is in Tennessee. I’ve cycled on my Schwinn 150 through Chattanooga and I’m now north on Taft Highway, just about Clear Brooks Drive. Guess I’m somewhere close in the Prentice Cooper State Forest and Wildlife Management Area.


I passed through Walden and I immediately thought of Thoreau. But that’s Walden Pond, 1,146 miles away at Concord, Massachusetts. Nice thought, nice ambiance. Must be the trees.

Willie Nelson – On The Road Again, Grand Ole Opry 2000


I’m now at 779.0 total miles of my goal, 23.6%. Only 2,522.0 more to go to accomplish my primary Tampa to Seattle target.

My stats –

Total Direct Miles to Seattle   To Date TD Miles Remaining   % TD Miles Completed   Interlake Miles Left to Seattle   Weight (lbs)  
3,301.0 779.0 2,522.0 23.60% 5,220.3 165.0

Don’t wish the Norovirus on anyone. Make sure, if you get it to keep hydrated. I did lose a total of 4 pounds.

Thomas & Sarah speculate on the market in this next to last episode. Wonder if the writers were attempting to portray the divisions between the British classes? I’ve got to now find a new serial to accompany me on my Trek across this North American continent.

Be healthy, and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment