Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, February 22, 2013

Day 81 – Jim’s Trek – 20.0 More Miles – Losing is Winning?

Good Day,

This morning I’m still cycling on my Schwinn 150. 20.0 more miles completed on my Trek to Seattle. My total miles as of Day 81 – 1,270.6. I have now dropped 8.0 pounds, one for every 10 days of pedaling; mind you I seem to be eating more.

Today I am just entering into the south end of the City of Terre Haute, Indiana. And the weather today in Terre Haute is cloudy with an expected high of 43° F. (Damn I like this road trip. The skies are blue and the sun is shining at 77° F in Tampa.)



On my Trek, my mind is preoccupied with the episode of Game of Thrones, and I like it that way. It definitely makes the hour plus to go by quickly. But my thoughts continue think about the elements of personal feelings in winning and losing. This sort of turns into, excluding the highs and lows that immediate, some sort of life lesson, I think.

I’ve been reading, as usual, and linked to an article, on How To Advice.com, by Richard Vegas, and found a couple of thoughts that, in some way, provide solace.

To succeed and win everyone will sooner or later fail,” “Losing can be a fantastic teacher, although an aggravating one,” and “You never learn from your successes. You only learn from your losses.

Makes sense, and which in turn would lead to the encouragement that the feelings of depression, the short lived periods of perceived anguish, could be a natural process of the learning curve.

Episode 2, Game of Thrones – Seems that everyone is on horseback going somewhere, and Joffrey is definitely a little twit, not to be trusted.

And today is Happy Margarita Day.  Okay, I have to ask the question.  What do you celebrate on Margarita Day if you don't drink?

Work continues on Cosmos’ Moon and the design for Phidias Shrugged has been drafted. Check Quilts SB for updates.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment