Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Day 73 – Jim’s Trek – 20 More Miles – Dong Po and Thai Cucumber Salad Plus

Good Day,

My Trek’s 20 miles has me on US 60 Highway somewhere near Cloverport, Kentucky on the banks of the Ohio River. The recent population is somewhere in the vicinity of 1,300. On my Trek on my Schwinn 150 at times I seem to go back in time, especially with my work on A Genealogy Hunt… and I go looking.


The inserted image is of the 1928-29 Cloverport High School Sophomore Class discovered at the USGEnWeb Archives Project for Kentucky.  Wave to the cyclist as he passes by.

Total miles to date 1,110.6 and just about 67 miles to my next Interlake goal.

Decided that I’ve got to stop eating… I don’t mean that I need to fast or starve, but I find that with the cycling I’m eating one hell of a lot more, all the time. I decided that I better get back to my Asian cuisines. Last night I made, for supper, Dong Po which is marinated and braised Pork-belly, with Stir-fry snow peas, bean sprouts, and jalapeños and a side Thai cucumber salad. Damn was it good. Invitations are in the mail.

This morning I couldn’t find the next episode of Continuum. I began a lecture series – The Joy of Thinking: The Beauty and Power of Classical Mathematical Ideas. Yup, I’m still a nerd… The first lecture – Great Ideas that Bring Our World into Focus was an introduction… Boring to some, definitely not as fast paced as Continuum. But, and through the 30 minutes of the lecture, I kept thinking of my hidden agenda as an application to my Quilt SB designs. Okay, Okay even at my age, I still have to keep learning, exercising my brain and body.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment