Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Day 83 – Jim’s Trek – 20.1 Miles – Bella To Emergency

Good Day,

It was a long night last night. Had to rush Bella to Blue Pearl Emergency. She ate a fair bit of toxic cardboard palm fruit and seeds this afternoon, while I was out planting avocado trees. She's in critical care unit and has to be monitored, flushed out, and dosed with charcoal to avoid liver damage. Latest prognosis is that all is normal. Under observation for 24 to 48 hours. Looks like I need to gather all and pitch out the newly fruited pods and seeds.

This morning, without taking time to sleep, I decided that I needed to cycle on my Schwinn 150. I completed 20.1 miles… and I reached another new goal. My total miles are now 1,310.8, just shy of 40% of my original Tampa to Seattle goal.

I’m located this morning north on IN 63N/County Road 100 E. I just passed East County Road 600 N.


Last night supper, before the Bella incident, I made Soupa krema me araka – Cream of Pea Soup; Pilafi me kasious – Cashew Pilaf; and Gavros sto fourno – Bake Anchovies… but I substituted smelt and chicken for the anchovies. I made two dishes of the Gavros sto fourno. Mise en place took some time, this my first venture in Greek cuisine.

The current episode of Game of Thrones, Episode 4 heightens the drawing of allegiances in the sand. Characters are being set up against each other. And Ned Stark introduces research of a tome, a book of genealogy.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment