Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Day 85 – Jim’s Trek – 20.1 Miles – No, It is Boswell, Indiana

Good Day,

This morning my 20.1 miles on my Schwinn 150, ends on Highway U.S. 21 headed north, I cycled through the Town of Boswell, Indiana the Hub of The Universe. Say what?

The Town of Boswell, population about 780, took on the cognomen “Hub of the Universe” when sometime in the 1930s, Edgar Burnette, the high school principal claimed and challenged that “Boswell is the hub of the universe, because you can start from Boswell and go anyplace in the world.” It stuck. Okay. I wonder what’s the moniker for Roswell, New Mexico?



My total miles to date are 1,351.0. If my calculations are correct the total mileage of my Interlake address goal remaining is 4,688.5. The following is my tracking of my daily mileage - top line and belly measurement - bottom line, over the period of time since I began my Trek on my Schwinn 150 November 28.



And the amaryllis are really blooming in the yard. Bella is home. I am amazed at her resilience after all the prodding, puking, and drugs. Also I am dumbfounded at the amount of tests that were done on her. It really is amazing that her 11.4 pounds took it all. She’s still on a med and Pepcid AC for a week. And all the cardboard palm fruit and seeds are on their way to the dump, while the squirrels destroy my avocado seedlings.


Game of Thrones next episode presents a number of new ways to eat things that are gross and how to use a human to create a golden crown. I found a simplified version of the theme music and on my synthesizer with cello and violin it comes pretty close. Got to figure out a way to record and upload to my blog. Stay tuned. (No plug intended.)

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment