Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Day 66 – Jim’s Trek – No Texting and Cycling

Good Day,

And it was an accident… I was texting while I was cycling on my Schwinn 150, absorbed by the end of Continuum. I then looked down and my gauge had registered 20.0 miles. Absent-mindedly I hit my goal. It appears that I will now have to reduce my time frame from 1 hour and 8 minutes down the 8 minutes.

This morning I definitely headed west, in the opposite direction from Seattle, and I’m on Louisville Road, just about at the Old Dixie Highway Loop. Country road, not much traffic… nice. Just ahead is Park City, Kentucky. Park City is nearby Mammoth Cave National Park and Diamond Caverns.

My stats this morning –

Total Direct Miles to Seattle   To Date TD Miles Remaining   % TD Miles Completed   Interlake Miles Left to Seattle   Weight (lbs)  
3,301.0 970.6 2,330.4 29.4% 5,028.7 163.8


Fox News Tampa is at it again… The report is of a Deputy Sherriff who accidently shot himself at a local shooting range. Does this compare with the top sniper’s death at a Texas shooting range? Texas or Florida what’s the difference? Yeah!!! Fox News Tampa has their comparative “national” story…

And the State of Florida is finally considering a no texting while driving law. I wonder if the ding-bats in Tallahassee will consider a smart move for once??? Anyone for a bet?

I think I sort of eat this way. For every new food you eat, you gain seven days of life. Japanese Saying. Ancient Wisdom, Modern Kitchen: Recipes from the East for Health, Healing, and Long Life by Yuan Wang, Warren Sheir, Mika Ono. Does it mean that I will live to 2051?

And of course my favorite show on network TV is Chopped. Last night I decided that I needed to do something with leftover rotisserie chicken and collard greens. Now I cheat… I enter the following: leftover chicken and collard greens into a Google search looking for a possible dinner recipe. I found the following on a Fox online site - Kairos Collard Green Soup. The recipe was courtesy of James K Jones from Kairos Kafe in Birmingham, Alabama.


It really turned out quite good, and I would make it again. Left-over rotisserie chicken, collard greens, chicken broth, bacon, onions, carrots, celery, garlic, white pepper, cayenne pepper, celery seed, olive oil, and half-and-half. The soup/chowder with garlic cheese biscuits, and due to my Trek I’m indulging myself more… My weight this morning in at 163.8 pounds; I’m maintaining.

Continuum, Episode 2 focuses on the crooks and the good cop wanting to get back to the future. Simon Fraser University has what they need… sort of.

Be healthy, and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment