Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Day 87 – Jim’s Trek – 20.1 Miles – Illinois, State Sovereignty, National Union

Good Day,

Today I have completed my 3rd month of my Trek. I am sort of astounded with myself… especially as I have not become bored and impatient with the realized results. My overall goal is to continue my Trek, with its many tangents and side trips, for a total of one complete year. The intermittent and additional goals are a part of the whole to help me complete my overall goal – exercise for one year.

On my Trek this morning I crossed the State line from Indiana into Illinois and I am greeted with the Illinois State Song. My 20.1 miles today moves me westward and I am located on US-52 W at 2600 North Road. Is this what are called “amber waves of grain”? I am now about 50 miles from my next Interlake address goal. This is the first one in Illinois.



One thing I’ve definitely learned in the first three months of my Trek is that it is key to keep of record of a number of certain statistics. These stats are critical for me; no matter how obtuse they are, to maintain a handle on what I have accomplished and where I need to get to, in the fulfillment of my overall goal. It also makes sense to occasionally check my formulae in my tracking spreadsheets, to make sure that I take down the correct number.

My current stats on my Schwinn 150

Total Direct Miles to Seattle   To Date TD Miles Remaining   % TD Miles Completed   Interlake Miles Left to Seattle   Weight (lbs)  
3,301.0 1,391.2 1,909.8 42.14% 4,608.1 166.4

An anonymous writer responded to my recent Quilts SB query of Andy and my decision to possibly settle on a quilting style. The response that “the only reason you have to ‘pick a style’ is if you want to enter your work in a competitive show…” makes one hell of a lot of sense. I guess that I, we are still attempting to learn as much as we can from as many styles and experts that exist in the unfathomable world of quilting. From both the design and the technical perspectives it may sometime before we actually decide and settle in any one style. There is just way too much to try.

Game of Thrones - Kill or be killed. Freeze or get the hell in out of the cold. And you can't trust anyone.

Be healthy, and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment