Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, March 1, 2013

Day 88 – Jim’s Trek – 20.1 Miles – B Marks My Schwinn 150 Spot

Good Day,

Today is the first day of a new month in my Trek on my Schwinn 150. I have racked up 1,411.3 miles. I am still maintaining my 20.1 miles per day regime, but can’t seem to break a greater average speed than about 18.0 miles per hour. This means that it takes me just about an hour and 10- minutes to complete my daily 20.1.

This afternoon I am located about 30 miles from my next Interlake address destination. I’m in Illinois on IL-116 W/Co Road 2600 N. I just crossed over N 200 East Road. Area description – farmland and flat. Nice thing is that I am headed in a westerly direction and I can tell you that I believe Seattle is somewhere to the west of me. And I only have about 1,742 more miles to go… give or take any more Interlake address destinations or sightseeing I may take on somewhere along the way.

A is Tampa; C is Seattle; and B is where I’m at today.


I started a wee bit later this morning as I had an early visit from our Vet. She arrived to check up on Taylor, our Chocolate Lab… Poor thing has extreme problems with her ears. Also on the list to be checked was Bella, our Rat Terrier, a follow-up to her cardboard palm fruit and seed eating incident. We’ll hear back shortly regarding her blood tests whether she is on the way to a full recovery.

Supper last night was a very simple but filling Portuguese Sausage Kale and Potato Soup. Ingredients – Kielbasa (I didn’t have any Portuguese variety in the house) sausage, onion, garlic, olive oil, potatoes, water, kale, salt, and pepper. Definitely pleasant on a cold Tampa night.

What do you say to a dwarf when you are ready to go into battle? "Keep yourself low."  The north is moving against the south in the Game of Thrones. Joffrey is a little shit. Sorry, I can’t think of any other word to describe his obnoxious, untrustworthy, and odious character.

Great news. We just heard that our Test 40 quilt as been accepted as a finalist to the New England Quilt Festival in Manchester, New Hampshire this coming April. Check Quilts SB for updates.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment