Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Day 110 – Jim’s Trek – 20.5 Miles – Where's Pepie?

Good Day,

The thunderstorms have started… but I’m still sneezing and wheezing from the high pollen count. My nose is off by three months and definitely able to shine red in the dark.

My Trek on my Schwinn 150 this morning and my 20.5 miles has me hugging, almost the shored of Lake Pepin on the Minnesota side. Lake Pepin is described as the widest naturally occurring part of the Mississippi River. History has it that this is the home to the lake monster, Pepie, first seen in April 1871. My location is on US 61 North and at the southwest end of Lake City.

I think for supper tonight I’m going to try and make Koshari. It’s an Egyptian dish of pasta, pulses, and rice with a spicy tomato sauce. Should be interesting… Check back to hear the verdict.

My visual accompaniment began with the Second Season of The Tudors. After a quick summary of Season One the first episode moved right into the precipice of Henry’s Reformation. Will Henry marry Anne Boleyn? Of course, he will, we know the history…

Cosmos’ Moon has been loaded to our Longarm. A first basting has been done and all thread shades have been chosen. Metropolis is now hanging on our new quilt stand.

Be healthy, and enjoy

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment