Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, February 25, 2013

Day 84 – Jim’s Trek – 20.1 Miles – Maybe I’ll Become An Equestrian

Good Day,

This morning I completed another 20.1 miles. I am still headed north in Indiana along Highway 63. I’m at a point on the road just west of West Lebanon, population about 720. Seeger Memorial Junior-Senior High School, which serves the area, has almost as many students enrolled as the total population of West Lebanon. I have now completed just over 40% of my original exercise goal.

Here are my stats, as accomplished on my Schwinn 150.

Total Direct Miles to Seattle   To Date TD Miles Remaining   % TD Miles Completed   Interlake Miles Left to Seattle   Weight (lbs)  
3,301.0 1,330.9 1.990.2 40.32% 4,688.5 163.6

Every time I hear the term “sequestration”, my word association skills goes into play. Sequestration – Equestrian, and I envision an amazing rider on horseback. But then I’m brought back down to earth and thinking of Sleepy Hollow. I picture the showjumping of the Headless Horseman brandishing a sword or an ax. Next I see our illustrious members of Congress all geared up for a gathering ride, an Equestrian Sequestration… The only thing I cannot get past is the visual of all of them there elected buffoons prancing around “sans tête”, without heads. Is our Capital a dimensional Sleepy Hollow?

"The mysterious event caused much speculation at the Church on the following Sunday. Knots of gazers and gossips were collected in the church yard, at the bridge, and at the spot where the hat and pumpkin had been found. The stories of Brouwer, of Bones, and a whole budget of others, were called to mind; and when they had diligently considered them all, and compared them with the symptoms of the present case, they shook their heads, and came to the conclusion that Ichabod had been carried off by the galloping Hessian. As he was a bachelor, and in nobody’s debt, nobody troubled his head any more about him, the school was removed to a different quarter of the hollow, and another pedagogue reigned in his stead."

- Washington Irving, "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow"

Vet from Blue Pearl called this morning at 6 am to report on Bella’s progress. She’s doing “fantastically well”… but she is hungry. I’m waiting now for the next call and whether or not she will be allowed to come home. I am also awaiting the specifications of the building of our own personal apartment at the hospital… It will be padded just for us as we take in the rescues. Job today is to clear out all the cardboard palm flowers and fruit and seeds. And now I am a wee be wiser and definitely a wee bit poorer.  Check back for little Bella's status.


Game of Thrones’ theme keeps echoing in my brain. I need to find the music to see if I can replicate it on my piano. The whispers and lines in the sand are exponentially growing in Episode 5, but who trusts who?


Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment