Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, December 16, 2013

Day 140 – (AD 365) – Jim's Trek Part II – The Sequel – 21.6 Miles – Number 34 in Texas on My Schwinn 150

Good day,

This morning, in the crispy Tampa air, I cycled an additional 21.6 miles on my Schwinn 150. My total has now reached 7,226.0 miles. Today I wanted to start my day, get my 750 Words and my cycling done. Done.


Today I reached my 34th goal in Plano, Texas. This time my goal is on Interlaken Drive, a close and near match of address to mine in Tampa. I said hello and good-bye and continued on along my Trek. My next 35th goal is about 120 miles away. And so I go on, physically and in a virtual world.

I’m not sure where I'm going to and where I am but I am definitely northeast of Dallas. From my map it looks like I am headed northeast on TX-66 E/Lakeview Parkway toward Dalrock Road. I think I am somewhere between the City of Rowlett and Rockwall. Rowlett is a city in Dallas and the City of Rockwall is a suburb. I can see a McDonalds where I am located, and I stop for lunch. Is it true that wherever one goes in this continental United States one is almost guaranteed of finding a McDonalds and a Walmart? Takes the fun out of exploring.


Supper last night was a Quick Shrimp and Chorizo Paella. I followed a Food.com recipe, with some adjustments. I'm not sure what a 1 ounce packet of vegetable soup mix is and so I substituted some other spices and just left out the additional chemicals.  If I say so myself, it was damn good…and there’s a great deal of leftovers. Guess what’s for supper tonight?

Not saying that I am a chocoholic, but today is Chocolate Covered Anything Day. This of course takes me back to my school days in Nassau when I was dared to eat chocolate covered ants. I did... And I can still recall that I was not necessarily turned on to chocolate covered ants. They came in a can and they tasted of oily chocolate with a smattering of thin crispy cardboard, which I think was the exoskeleton. 

This morning’s viewing companion was a journey back in time, the Son of Flubber. Disney black and white but high definition’ed. Two characters at a Halloween party looked to me like the predecessors of two characters who appeared on Gilligan’s Island. There are a lot of recognizable actors in this movie that I just did not pay mind to the actual story line.

Our BW 1950 quilt and wall hanging has grown with more than 120 pieced squares. A good percentage of the squares are pieced triangles. It is now a whopping 8” by 10”. Check Quilts SB for updates.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment