Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Day 153 – (AD 379) – Jim's Trek Part II – The Sequel – 20.7 Miles – New Year’s Eve in Texas on My Schwinn 150

Good day,

This New Year’s Eve morning I cycled once more on my Schwinn 150 another 20.7 miles. And I am thinking about my resolutions for the upcoming 2014.

My total miles now equal 7,539.6. All-things-being-equal I have another 1,073 miles remaining in my Trek back to Tampa. At my current rate of 20.0 miles a day I should be pulling into Tampa on February 22, 2014. I have two months to concoct my next adventure.


This morning I am located somewhere on TX-321 S and I am just about at the intersection of County Road 303. The Google Maps’ image is now just about six years old. Comparing to current images it certainly shows us how much digital photography has come such a way since.

I am not necessarily a regular Walmart shopper. Occasionally I will run in to our local Walmart if I need some item but that is so not the case. I also have NEVER ordered online from Walmart. Why would I need home delivery when there is an actual store about a mile from where I live, on the other side of the highway?

This morning I received Number 2 email reminder that I did not provide Walmart, spelled both Walmart and Wallmart in the body of the email, with my correct address for order number WM-003247489. The author of the email would like me to fill in an attached form “and send it back to us.”

A link to the form was included in the first email, which I deleted yesterday. Today’s email does not have any link or any attached form. What am I to do?

The originator of the second email from the Arrowhotel.com in Nebraska writes that “If your reply is not received within one week, you (I) will be paid your money back but 17% will be deducted since you order (and NO I did not make a typo) was booked for Christmas holidays.”

This one is intriguing. Yesterday Japan and Nigeria, today Nebraska, a (heaven forbid) dying sister and Walmart. Pray tell what do these two have in common? And what is 17% of nothing?

Work continues on our BW 1950. We are just about to begin the construction of our BW 2010. A-New afghan throw is progressing. Colors remind me of one of the high schools I from where I graduated.

Be healthy and enjoy your flock of turkeys,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment