Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Day 154 – (AD 380) – Jim's Trek Part II – The Sequel – 21.1 Miles – Welcome the New Year in Texas on My Schwinn 150

Good day and Happy January 1st,

Today begins a New Year - 2014 AD. Damn, I made it.

And this morning I cycled 21.1 miles and completed 20 sit-ups. I start the New Year having accomplished 7,560.7 miles on my Schwinn 150. I can now write that I have cycled consecutively across three years: 2012, 2013, and 2014.

I am headed south on TX-146 S, and I will soon reach Farm to Market 1413 W. Only 20.6 more miles to my next Interlake address goal point.

Apart from being New Year’s Day it is also Bloody Mary Day, Z Day, Commitment Day, and Polar Bear Swim Day. Well forget the Polar Bear Swim but I’ll definitely break out the Bloody Marys and commit to my Zs.

And which politician and/or which would-be politician will express and/or do something completely asinine first, out of the gate this New Year of 2014?

Last night I made a dish of shrimp, mushroom, onion, black olives, green peas, Swiss cheese, rice and vegetable broth Risotto. I did not have any white wine in the house so I used some Vodka and lemon juice instead. I understand the premise of making a risotto… but, I am not sure if my final product, even though the meal was excellent, is the way it is supposed to taste. Okay I’m not saying that that is an issue, but when I watch any “chef” on any of the cooking stations or programs they are always mentioning about the “al dente” format of the finished rice. Can anyone tell me what it is that I am supposed to be expecting?

My concoction looked something similar to the above image. And I had a double helping. We all did.

I have about one-and-a-half episode remaining of my viewing companion, The 4400. From what I understand the producers pulled the plug. Looks like I will be searching for a new cycling viewing series and/or movies to watch. Any suggestions?

And this is the new chart of my January 1st biorhythm cycles.


Be healthy and enjoy your flock of turkeys,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment