Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Day 175 – (AD 401) – Jim's Trek Part II – The Sequel – 21.8 Miles – And Now Mississippi on My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

And yes I completed my 21.8 miles on this cold Tampa morning on my Schwinn 150.

I have now completed 8,010.0 miles.  Since I began on December 2, 2012 and over a period of 401 days, I have cycled, pedalled, exercised consistently over 8,000 miles.  And ten.  I am proud of myself, and I can pat myself on the back.



This morning I leave Louisiana and cycle on my virtual Trek into the State of Mississippi.  This is amazing. I am now located on the bridge and causeway crossing the mouth of the Bay St. Louis.

Last night as I was walking The Pack and we passed one of our neighboring houses.  New tenants have moved in.  A fair clean up of the yard has been attempted.  But it was Max and Radar who decided, at 12:30 am this morning, that they were not sure about the new, albeit old, statuary strategically positioned through out the front yard.  And therefore, in the wee hours of the morning, The Pack decided that something strange was happening and they became extremely vocal...expressing their concern.

Okay I am at a loss for words. And I know the media will have one hell of a heyday with this one. Does it make sense that an African American Florida Candidate for House District 67 call for the “arrest and hanging” of the first sitting African American President? Is it too much to ask that politicians and would-be hopeful politicians THINK before they open their mouths?


This morning my cycling video companion was once again Breaking Bad.  I am currently watching Season 2 and Episode 5.  The story line appears to be that everyone's lives are messed up.  There is a desperate tone. I just can't stop wondering if I am getting to that age in life that when I become so involved in a show on the television and begin talking to the characters that I am going to see Flipper come jumping out of the pool in the backyard.

Oh yes, I am completely sane.  And my blood sugar count this morning was 98.

Be healthy and enjoy your flock of turkeys,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment