Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Day 173 – (AD 399) – Jim's Trek Part II – The Sequel – 21.5 Miles – East of New Orleans, Louisiana on My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

And again another 21.5 miles on my Schwinn 150. Total to date 7,966.5 miles. Just check out what’s just around the corner. Two more astounding goals reached.


This morning I am on US-90 E or Chef Menteur Highway. I am now about 192 miles from my next Interlake address goal.


Max decided that he would wait on my chair while I cycled.

And the orchids are blooming on the pool deck.



Last night’s supper was something different and definitely something that I would try again, Immunity Soup. I stumbled upon a version on 101 Cookbooks and when I did a Google search for “Immunity Soup” a got 47,000 hits. On Start Page search engine I got 26,028. And take a gander at the ingredients I used:



  • Olive Oil
  • Onions 
  • Carrots 
  • Celery 
  • Kimchi Furikake Rice Seasoning, because I did not have any ginger root 
  • White Pepper 
  • Chicken Broth, which I substituted for water 
  • Various types of Mushrooms 
  • Bean Sprouts 
  • Radishes 
  • Green Onions 
  • Chinese Broccoli

I believe it is the interaction between all these items, especially the white pepper and the ginger which create the benefits of the soup. And my blood sugar count was down another two points to 102.

Our Quilts SB Facebook page has hit and maintained 501 Likes this past week. Guess our next goal is to hit and hold 1,000. We are finishing up our work on our BW 1950 and BW 2010. We are both pleased with each. Check out the updates on Quilts SB shortly.

Be healthy and enjoy your flock of turkeys,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment