Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Day 171 – (AD 397) – Jim's Trek Part II – The Sequel – 21.2 Miles – Still in Louisiana on My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

Back on my cycle this morning; my Schwinn 150 of course. I biked 21.2 miles, and my total to date now equals 7,923.5. I’ve increased my sit-ups to 90…and therefore my blood pressure reading immediately following registered up. My heart rate recorded at 67.  I guess this is not bad for a 62-year old who has just finished an hour and 15 minutes of exercise.


This morning I am located and headed northeast on Highway 90 E/US-90 E toward County 2 Lane. I am in Louisiana between Des Allemands, population near 2,500 and Paradis, population about 1,250. I am about 30 miles southwest of the center of New Orleans.

Well today may be the day to watch a movie. It is the day to celebrate of Tin Cans and Popcorn. Just think, the patent for the possible first tin can was issued in 1810.

And yes I do like popcorn.  But it is one of those foods that can just sky-rocket my blood sugar count. It is low in calories but high in carbohydrates. Definitely makes eating confusing. Great but not so good.

Either I have to learn how to cook so that I do not like my own cooking or I have to stop eating. Last night I decided that I would make a small sort-of something akin to a Shepherd’s Pie. My ingredients: Ground Pork, Onions, Cream of Mushroom Soup, Carrots, Tater Tots, Milk, and Emmenthal Cheese, Garlic Powder, Salt and Pepper. So good that of course I had to have a second helping. I just could not, of course, justify leaving any leftovers in the baking dish. My blood sugar count this morning 116. I’m not worried about this morning's count because I know that I am still keeping myself below 120.  And am not taking any of my diabetes medication… BUT I have to stop liking my cooking. Hell no.

The border, quilting, and the frame have been completed for our BW 1950. It really does look slick. We are now finishing the same on our BW 2010 quilt and wall hanging. Stay tuned to Quilts SB for the updates. The top of our A-New afghan and throw has reached the mid-point. The update and details will soon be posted to Afghans SB.


Watching Breaking Bad while I cycle on my Schwinn 150. Definitely an interesting concept of characters having to make decisions; good and bad; pro and con. I just keep cycling. This morning I watched Episode 5 of the First Season.

Be healthy and enjoy your flock of turkeys,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment