Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, January 20, 2014

Day 172 – (AD 398) – Jim's Trek Part II – The Sequel – 21.5 Miles – Mississippi River, Louisiana on My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

This morning I finished another 21.5 miles on my Schwinn 150. I have now completed 7,945.0 miles. I am amazed, period. Oh and I completed 100 sit-ups as well.


This morning’s location on my virtual Trek is US-90 E and the Huey P. Long Bridge as I cross over the Mississippi River from Bridge City to Elmwood. And I am making my way through Louisiana.

Last night, tried a new restaurant in town on Fowler Avenue; the Hong Kong House, owned by the same people that own MD Oriental Market where I usually do my shopping for all that is foreign and exotic Asian. Service was very, very good and the restaurant was spotless. 

The food was very good and I can say that it is on par with the Yummy’s restaurants. Supper included, Fried dumplings, Chicken Soup, General Tso’s Chicken, Seafood Hot Pot, and Chinese Broccoli in Garlic Sauce, all served with white rice. Dessert was an Adzuki Bean and Tapioca Soup, Chinese Sweet Red Bean Soup. Different. And my blood sugar count this morning dropped 12 points from yesterday. Would I go back again? Most definitely.

My humble advice to anyone who is thinking about starting his or her own Trek and would like to commit to a routine, watch a TV series or movie while cycling. Make sure that the series and/or the movie picked does NOT have any commercials or interruptions. Also turn off the phone. This is what works for me.

And this morning my viewing pleasure was Breaking Bad. I am enjoying the comedy and drama combination of the story line. The ancillary stories definitely add punch and thought to the main theme. On to Season 2.

And I write, with Max in my lap, I yawn. Last night I was up an extra three hours with Bella. She was sick and kept wanting to go outside. She could not get comfortable. She paced. She turned. And would with doleful eyes she kept looking at me as if to say "I think I'm sick." And this morning she is her bright bouncy little self. What can I say?

Be healthy and enjoy your flock of turkeys,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment