Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Day 158 – (AD 384) – Jim's Trek Part II – The Sequel – 21.7 Miles – One More Day in Texas on My Schwinn 150

Good day,

This is my 400th posting to my blog and journey, Jim’s Trek. This morning started a wee bit late… It sort of threw off my routine.

Anyway, I cycled 21.7 miles on my Schwinn 150. My total miles to date now equal 7,646.0. Yesterday while I was walking The Pack, (did I mention that I walk The Pack a mile almost five times a week?), I was wondering about when I would possibility hit the 10,000 mile mark. Quickly calculating, and averaging 20.0 miles each day, I think that I may hit the 10,000 milestone on May 3rd. Who knows?


This morning I am located on my Trek at a point on TX-73 E/H O Mills Highway. I should be shortly crossing over into Louisiana.

This morning’s viewing pleasure was the first half of the 2012 film The Brass Teapot. The idea is that a young couple is short on cash and credit, and just about everything is not necessarily progressing too, too well. After a bad happening, they chance upon a brass teapot. What follows is sort of something that we, at times, wish for…but there are consequences. Googling the phrase “The Brass Teapot” alone produces 6,430,000 hits and results. Interesting…?

Like I said and previously wrote, I am looking for the nonsensical statements made by politicians and would-be politicians in 2014.

Erick Bennett, candidate for US Senator from Maine - “The fact that I have been jailed repeatedly for not agreeing to admit to something I didn't do should speak to the fact of how much guts and integrity I have,” he said. “If I go to D.C., I’m going to have that same integrity in doing what I say, and saying what I do, when it comes to protecting people’s rights, as well as their pocketbooks.”

I am not up to complete speed regarding the case, but I believe that he was jailed for spousal abuse. His previous sentences are of record. Let’s hope the electoral, at least those who get out and vote, have done their homework and due diligence of the facts.

Last night’s supper was a Chinese Beef and Cauliflower Stew. Not bad and all cooked in the wok. I do like cooking Asian-type recipes. They certainly help me to control my blood sugar counts.

I began reading Welcome to Promise City, by Greg Cox, 2009. It is the third book in a series of four books based on The 4400 series. Books One and Two take place during the course of the actual television episodes. Welcome to Promise City takes begins exactly where the video series end.

And now to work on BW 2010 and ideas of the quilting highlights.

Be healthy and enjoy your flock of turkeys,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment