Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Day 181 – (AD 407) – Jim's Trek Part II – The Sequel – 21.9 Miles – My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

This cold and getting colder Florida morning I got on my Schwinn 150 and I cycled 21.9 miles. My total miles are now 8,138.9 miles.


On my virtual trip, Jim’s Trek, I am now located on AL-16 E/US-90 E/Old Spanish Trail just about Seminole, Alabama. I am just about at East Erin Pond Road. My next Interlake address goal is just about 20 miles away.

From today’s edition of The Boston Globe, Scientists discover a new, “Simpler way to make stem cells

 “The result is ‘shocking,’ ‘astounding,’ ‘revolutionary,’ and ‘weird,’ said scientists not accustomed to using such exuberant words to describe new research findings. The finding has been officially reported only in mice, but human studies are underway. Researchers at Brigham and Women’s Hospital said that over the weekend they made what appears to be a human version of the stem cells, although further study and confirmation of that preliminary result is needed.”

‘It’s just a wonderful result; it’s almost like alchemy,’ said Douglas Melton, co-director of the Harvard Stem Cell Institute, who was not involved in the research published Wednesday in the journal Nature. ‘It says one has found a way to reveal the hidden potential of cells with a relatively straightforward method.’

Not that I am concerned, but just think of what may come next.

And my blood sugar count was up from 98 yesterday to 108 this morning. The cause – A 20-ounce glass of Crangrape juice followed by one full can of Canada Dry Ginger Ale. I had a sugar craving last night.


And Breaking Bad finishes Season 2. I do like the teasers throughout the season. Now I now that I was now going stir-crazy.

Back to creating.

Be healthy and enjoy your flock of turkeys,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment