Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, January 17, 2014

Day 170 – (AD 396) – Jim's Trek Part II – The Sequel – 22.5 Miles – A New Mark – 7,902.3 Miles in Louisiana on My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

Today I cycled 22.5 miles on my Schwinn 150. My total miles now top 7,900 miles, actually, 7,902.3. I also completed 80 sit-ups. I haven’t got a clue whether I am doing them correctly but they are definitely much easier to do without the 44 inch waist. It has taken just over one year of cycling but I’m still now holding at a 32 inch waist.


On my virtual Trek I am now about 260 miles from my next goal. I am currently located on Highway 90 E, due north of Houma, Louisiana. All-things-being-equal my Trek will take me through the City of New Orleans.

Well I finished the first season of House of Cards. Looks like some people got what they wanted while some people certainly didn’t. I think I want more, as my viewing companion while I cycle.

This morning I continued cycling with the first episode of the first season of Breaking Bad. Interesting concept of 50-year old high school chemistry teacher who has just been diagnosed with terminal lung cancer trying to make ends meet. The question is does he go through a change-in-life crisis and venture out on something new?

Our quilting design has been decided for our BW quilts and wall hangings. We are working on our BW 1950 and I am reminded of Frank McRae and the character he plays in the 1987 movie *batteries not included. I have reached the mid-point of the design in our crocheted A-New afghan and throw.

Oh by the way I am reading Greg Cox’s follow up novel The 4400: Welcome to Promise City. So far it is continuing right from where the last episode of The 4400 ended. The nice thing about reading this book is that I already have a mental image of what things and people should look like based on the corresponding synchronization between the actual film and the book.

Be healthy and enjoy your flock of turkeys,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment