Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, January 6, 2014

Day 159 – (AD 385) – Jim's Trek Part II – The Sequel – 20.7 Miles – Into Louisiana on My Schwinn 150

Good day,

This morning I cycled 20.7 miles on my Schwinn 150; my total 7,666.7. Sit-ups today, 50. Not bad for this elder bloke.


And this morning I crossed, virtually, over the State line on the Sabine Lake Causeway Bridge from Texas into Louisiana. Just wondering why the lake is named for an ancient people of central Italy.


I am located west of the line on LA-82 E. I am headed east toward Deep Bayou Road. I am now about 151 miles from my next Interlake address goal point. And I am just about 916 miles from the end of my Trek.

Hor Lan Shu Kai – Chinese Style Potato Chicken. Last night's supper: Chicken, potato, ginger, garlic, onion, soya sauce, sugar cornstarch, Jalapeño on Steamed Sweet Rice and Broccoli.

Okay so this was good.  Actually very good…but what was I thinking. Chicken, okay, but potatoes and rice? And so to prove it, my morning blood sugar was 115. Up 20 points from the morning before. Oh and I did have a bowl of ice cream and a medium bowl of Cheez-Its later in the evening. I wasn't thinking. Bad, bad, Jim. One would think that there is a definite correlation between carbohydrates and elevated blood sugar counts. Fine. I’ll put myself in the corner. Bad, bad, Jim…but the plate of food looked so, so pretty, and good.

This morning I decided to take on Netflix’s House of Cards. I’m hooked. I found me a new cycling serial to keep me company for the next while. Three things: A new The West Wing; Kevin Spacey; and Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. I’m really hooked. Oh and by the way, I’ll have to finish The Brass Teapot tomorrow.

Work continues on the construction and piecing of our BW 2010 quilt and wall hanging. Check Quilts SB for our latest update. I have to keep reminding myself to make sure that I do not crochet in my sleep. The V-stitches of our A-New afghan and throw need two arms and not just a single one.

Be healthy and enjoy your flock of turkeys,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment