Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, December 6, 2013

Day 130 – (AD 353) – Jim's Trek Part II – The Sequel – 22.2 Miles – Texas, Somewhere I Think on My Schwinn 150

Good day,

But today I did jump on my Schwinn 150 and I cycled 22.2 miles. And as I am writing today’s post I am listening to The Mamas & The Papas singing Go Where You Wanna Go. Somewhat apropos…

I’m back in the saddle again on my Schwinn 150. I only missed one day yesterday but I sort of felt a bit guilty, yesterday that is. It is a strange feeling that I do feel guilty especially as I’m truly not doing this Trek for anyone else but me. So why feel guilty? Good question for you shrinks and psychologists out there in Internetland.

According to my location on Google maps I am heading east on US-380 E toward County Road 421. I am in Texas somewhere between the Town of Rule, population 700, and the City of Haskell, population 3,100. Right now the temperature in the area is about 20° F and it feels like 5° F. There is a weather warning that icy conditions will continue through this afternoon.

Well, at least I can say that I am on a virtual Trek through Texas. I know that the National Weather Service issued a winter storm warning for the Dallas area until Friday night. I’m definitely convinced that to avoid a forecast of light freezing rain and an ice storm that knocked out power to nearly a quarter of a million homes and businesses I will continue my Trek in Tampa on my Schwinn 150.


Oh and by the way, I have the house open here in Tampa, I’m bare-foot, and it is a fair 83° F. And another orchid has blossomed.

Okay, The 4400 has had an assassination; I’m not sure if that character has been written off the show. I will have to wait and see, especially since the corpse sort of just disappears. The writers have now introduced two new characters, both 4400s and both with special powers. How convenient to add some more sub-plots when I am still somewhat confused at some of the other plot lines.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment